I’ve all but worn off the tread of my Altra Lone Peak 1.5 (Altra Lone Peak 1.5 Review) which have been by far my favourite trail shoe for at least 5 years, if not my all-time favourite. I get a decent number of shoes to test so the fact that the Altras have seen quite so much use is testament to the quality of the shoe.
As far as I am concerned, it offers the perfect balance of cushioning, zero drop and a spacious toe box, offering what is essentially the perfect ‘minimalist’ shoe for long distance running.
As such, I was interested to see the information about one of Altra’s latest releases – the Altra Lone Peak Neoshell, which is described as being ‘better than waterproof’.
“Altra Running introduces the Lone Peak Neoshell – the ‘better than waterproof’ version of its award-winning Lone Peak trail shoe – at the 2015 ISPO international sport, performance and outdoor industry trade show in Munich. The new shoe has better dryness, breathability, flexibility, comfort and toe room than traditional waterproof trail shoes on the market.“
The only negative is that we have to wait until August 2015 before the Lone Peak Neoshell is available!
- The FootShape™ toe box allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill and downhill trail conditions
- Sandwiched StoneGuard™ technology offers protection from rocks and other trail debris
- Sticky rubber TrailClaw™ outsole combines unique uphill and downhill lug traction for a wide range of trail condition
- GaiterTrap™ and full compatibility with Altra Trail Gaiters
- Stack height: 26 mm on a Zero Drop™ platform
- Weight: 11.5 ounces/326 grams, one of the lightest trail shoes with technical protection for wet, muddy or snowy conditions
- Altra is the only running shoe company with a full line of gender-specific footwear created with completely unique lasts, or patterns, for every shoe in each gender, to accommodate natural differences in foot anatomy