The Triple Crown consists of a finish at The Highland Fling (53 miles), The West Highland Way Race (95 miles), and the Devil O’ The Highlands (43 miles) in a single year.
- The Highland Fling, 53 miles
- The West Highland Way Race, 96 miles
- The Devil O’ The Highlands Ultramarathon, 43 miles
Completing all 3 races in 2012, I became one of only 13 to complete The Triple Crown in 2012, and one of 60 to complete the feat from 2007, when it was first done, to 2012.
I have fellow ultra runner Iain Wallace to thank for the following view of The Triple Crown:
- 3 races
- 190 miles
- 29,520ft ascent (Everest is 29,029ft!)
- 55 hours, 27 minutes and 18 seconds of running!