I’ve just received one of Merrell’s 2013 offerings to test – the Merrell Mix Master Tuff, designed to tackle the toughest conditions you will encounter on the trail. The Tuff comes with a shock absorption plate and an aggressive lug pattern on the sole. Scheduled for release in early 2013, this is an addition to Merrell’s M-Connect series of footwear and looks like just the ticket for runners seeking a minimalist, lightweight shoe that will still offer the protection required for tougher terrain and longer distances. Can’t wait to get out and test the Tuff. Review to follow.
Thanks to Merrell UK for providing the test shoes.
- Strobel construction
- Fabric and synthetic upper
- Low cut upper
- Bellows tongue keeps debris out
- 4mm Drop / 12mm Cush / 23mm Stack Height
- Merrell Float™ midsole is 10% thinner and 25 % lighter to provide more feel and ground control
- Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
- 1mm Forefoot shock absorption plate maintains forefoot flexibility and protects the foot by distributing pressure
- 3.5 mm lugs for more street to trail feel
- Merrell Mix Tuff Sole / Sticky Rubber
- Weight: 11.5 oz
- The Merrell range is available from http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/